DismantleIt.com Network

Forums to Facilitate the Sovereignty of the States

Jump to:  
Dates are yyyy.m.d and times are EST

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Unread postPosted: 2008.3.13, 12:56PM 
Site Admin

Greetings.

This BB (bulletin board) is for active discussion of the intentions (“Planning”), necessary processes (“Implementation”), and consequences (“Results”) of reclaiming our Country. This BB is forum-based, with forums for each State of the Union as well as forums for our Brothers and Sisters in non-State “Territories.”

This introductory post is in four parts:

• The Intentions, Design, and Layout of this Bulletin Board
• Registration
• Problems with this Web Site
• Some Suggestions

• The Intentions, Design, and Layout of this Bulletin Board

The intentions (most briefly): Given the inevitable “reclamation” of all of our money from the Federal Reserve System (should we choose to do so), what are we going to do with those funds and assets? Each of you, with your neighbors, are encouraged to discuss the future of your State or Territory. If all this is a mystery to you, DismantleIt.com is the underlying purpose for this work (and will soon again be updated). Two other sources of elucidations are the two forums on Capitol Hill Blue: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three and DismantleIt.com Deliberations.

The intentions behind the design of this BB are the same as those described on the “Web site” page of DismantleIt.com and this BB is the site alluded to over fifteen months ago on the “Who” page of DismantleIt.com. There are no pictures on this site. There are no “avatars.” This is not a game of “Political Pac-Man.”

The layout: Each State/Territory has (initially) five sub-forums; each sub-forum has an opening question to serve as an initial guide. Each opening question is from a series of questions for that particular sub-forum, which are detailed in the forums of similar name beneath this one. Currently, there is a 5,000 character limit on any given post to help keep us concise. You may add any number of topics within each of the State/Territory’s five sub-forums; the State/Territory’s “root-level” forum itself is locked, only to keep us focused upon the essential issues we must (initially) address. Certainly there are other issues that will require our attention, but those “details” are pointless to discuss until we, once again, have a country wherein such discussions may actually be useful (or even possible).

Special thanks to phpBB for some amazing software and to Vjacheslav Trushkin for the icons.

• Registration

By registering (with a username of your choice and for a State or Territory of your choosing) you can discuss, privately or openly, your sincere desires and concerns for your State or Territory. This bulletin board does require strict attention to the “business at hand.” Please do not waver in your focus. There are many BBs available for political gossiping and finger-pointing; it will not be tolerated here.

It is required that all users be polite and respectful. This is work and, for some, it will be most challenging work. Courtesy is essential. Please give careful though to your posts:
• if you are asking a question, please initially qualify your question with your best answer to your question so that others can know that you are giving your words serious thought.
• If you are responding to a post, first please allow time for your understanding of the issue(s) raised to be accurately assessed—recognizing words and comprehending their intent are two very distinct processes (the first utilizes the brain; the second, the mind).

Please be sincere in your posts, not everyone can tell by words alone if you are being serious. Given the necessity to clarify the intentions of our writings, “smilies” are available, if necessary. Learning to read and write takes time; learning how to reclaim your Country and refine your State is a rather unique process as well, and as I have often noted, “Time is of the essence.”

Please understand that respectful, online text etiquette is also essential. Shouting, for example, will get you reprimanded, AND USING ALL CAPS IS SHOUTING! Foul language will get you banned. I suggest you read the registration “rules and regulations.” . . .  ’Nuff said.

Be polite; be concise; and your words will be respected and appreciated. (A light-hearted sense of humor would be greatly respected and appreciated!)

. . . and finally, not to belabor the obvious, but if you do give your words careful thought, your words will, most likely, eventually get some naughty boys’ “knickers all in a twist.” Do keep that in mind as you read the posts of others. Naughty boys can lie all they want online—and they will—but do not be afraid to politely call them on their behavior and ask them for verifiable proof. Lying in front of a camera is getting increasingly risky . . . 

• Problems with this Web Site

If you have found this BB to be “misbehaving,” do please let me know via a PM (personal message) and I will do what is both possible and appropriate to “clean things up.” (There was once a time when a janitor/conductor/president/king/or even Bicycle Repair Man! was well aware that they were working in service to their Brothers and Sisters . . . ) However, if you simply CAN’T STAND! the shade of blue I have chosen for the background (for example) please either go to the gym and bang some iron or go to your User Control Panel (in the upper right corner) and choose a different style. The default layout has been designed specifically for this BB; I cannot be responsible for the utility of any other styles, though the folks at pbpBB.com are obviously Masters of their Realm! (Currently, only one other style is available.)

• Some Suggestions

• Design First
• Regular Referendums
• Societal Patterns of Interaction

• Design First

When considering the issues this BB is intended to evoke (and, I trust, ultimately resolve), I strongly encourage you to understand the necessary distinction between “design” and “implementation.”

Design first.

Each State and Territory will have the right to define its governmental structure. The only organizational requirements would be to obey the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and to provide the required set of Congressional representatives such that the “Laws of the Land” will be made with your full representation—I address the State/Territory issue in the < Territories > forum.

Start with a “blank page.” Remember: your State or Territory will receive its full share of all federal funds and assets. If the federal bureaucracy can spend all that money, and now you have full possession of the same funds—distributed amongst the States and Territories on a combined per-capita/cost-of-living index as determined by the collected governments of the States and Territories—what is the most efficient, productive, and honorable use of those funds and assets? If you really do want to recreate the entire federal bureaucracy, in all its labyrinthine convolutions and machinations, go right ahead . . .  <sigh>

After the initial, working design is fully considered, defined, and approved by the registered voters of your State/Territory—which, given that we’re talking about a fair amount of money, won’t take that long: people will be quite motivated to get this accomplished ASAP—only then is it wise to solve the challenges of implementation. If you want your sovereignty so deeply that you are willing to put in the effort to carefully define what you want, you will certainly be able to figure out how to implement your designs. We may be gullible at times, but we are not idiots.

If you do not keep these two processes distinct and sequential, you will make inevitable compromises that you are likely to later regret. You can always (and you will) make necessary refinements as your efforts “bear fruit.” Do not think that our Founding Fathers had an easy time of it . . . Be grateful that they endured some very challenging efforts to bring forth this nation; now it’s our turn to uphold those efforts.

• Regular Referendums

We can expect that regularly scheduled votes on prudent referendums will be necessary, especially for the first year or two (every first Tuesday of the month, for example). How we got into this “pickle” in the first place was due to our complacency and our misguided (to be polite) trust in our government. If we had been “doing our homework” (as defined on the “Why” page of DismantleIt.com)—which includes Paying Attention—we wouldn’t be in our current situation.

Quote:
When the people fear the government you have tyranny; when the government fears the people you have liberty.

—Thomas Jefferson

• Societal Patterns of Interaction

Finally, please allow me to make some practical, relatively insignificant suggestions, as complete sovereignty does still involve interacting with other States, Territories, and Countries. These suggestions are simply to point out that as overwhelming as this process may seem at times (and there will be some naughty boys trying desperately to convince you that “that’s ridiculous! ”), all we really need do is to immediately distribute the money to more secure places in each State and Territory. Using the money wisely is just a heart-felt “recommendation” . . . 

All that aside, there are some patterns of societal interactions that might best be refined:

• Time and Date Formats
• Units of Measure

• Time and Date Formats

Daylight Savings Time was at one time (to be gracious) worthy of exploration. It has devolved considerably in its usefulness and some Countries are eliminating it altogether. If you have ever lived in a region that does not use DST, you may well appreciate these words. I strongly encourage elimination of DST, but I do understand that slavery to a clock, as defined by random acts of (a rather random) government, is one strong “chain.” When the sun is directly overhead, in the middle of a time zone, it’s noon. Should you choose to make adjustments in your work or play schedules, you have the ability to do so . . . really, it’s true!

Date formats, especially on the Internet, are no longer consistent. I suggest yyyy.m.d (as in use here) or yyyy-m-d.

• Units of Measure

Many of us are still “feet and inches” kind of folk (this writer included), but as this much-loved planet keeps getting “smaller and smaller,” it really does make sense to switch over to metric.

The above suggestions were just “food for thought.” I have no doubt that the People of this Country are quite capable of surprising all the world with inspiring choices . . . and the necessary action.

Blessings to you all, my dear Brothers and Sisters. These next few years will be quite an adventure . . . 

Arthur “Two Sheds” Jackson
DismantleIt.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Jump to:  
Dates are yyyy.m.d and times are EST